IZZE is always out and about. Check back to see what IZZE is doing as we make appearances at events and retailers across the country
August 14, 2012
Cause for Creativity: Tour da Arts, vol. 4
Sunday, August 19, 12 – 6 pm
Beat the pump, cycle the town, and enjoy Santa Monica’s sights and sounds with Cause for Creativity: Tour da Arts. The Santa Monica Museum of Art’s fourth annual event underscores the creative side of bike culture and takes you on a ride filled with music, dance, and art.
What to bring: A bike in good running order. Anyone under 18 must wear a helmet and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under 9 should be on a tag-along, bike trailer, tandem, or other safe child-carrying device.
Bike rentals: FREE bike rentals while supplies last! Reservations available in the registration form while supplies last.
Tour da Arts schedule:
12 – 2 pm: Festival and Check-in at the Santa Monica Museum of Art
* Tours of SMMoA’s current exhibitions: Mickalene Thomas: Origin of the Universe and
Park Studio: Complex Elements
* Shopping: Dog Days of Summer sale at GRACIE, SMMoA’s gift shop
* Art Reflector Workshop: Build an original reflector spoke card for your bike. FREE for SMMoA members; $5 for non-members
* Bike Advocacy: Learn fun and safe biking tips from Santa Monica Spoke/Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, CicLAvia, Clif/Luna Bar/Clif Kids, LA Metro, and C.I.C.L.E.
* Bike Tune-up: Get a complimentary bike tune-up from Bikerowave, LA’s volunteer-run community bike repair shop, and Luna Chix, a women’s cycling advocacy team with Clif Bar
* Free Bike Rental: Courtesy of Perry’s Café and Bike Rentals. Reservations required. First come, first reserved. Reservations available in the registration form.
* Food and Drink: Enjoy delicious options from Peddler’s Creamery, Valentino’s Taco Truck, and Sunny Blue, ONE Coconut Water, Clif/Luna Bar, Whole Foods Market Santa Monica, and IZZE
* Innovative Bikes on Display: View one-of-a-kind bikes, including Carole Frances Lung’s (aka Frau Fiber) Collaborative Bicycle Powered Sewing Machine Bike, the Peddler’s Creamery Ice Cream Bike, with ice cream for sale, the Santa Monica Beach Barcycle, iZip hybrid electric bikes, and more!
2 pm: Bike Tour departs SMMoA
2:30 – 3:30 pm: Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club
* Old-time string trio Triple Chicken Foot with Square Dancing called by Maggie Lind
4:15 – 5:15 pm: John Adams Middle School Auditorium
* The Matchbox Puppet Shows by world-renowned raconteur Laura Heit
5:30 – 6:00 pm: Return to SMMoA
* Popwagon’s mobile art and theater space performance by Dirt Bird, a folk-meets-classical music duo.
6:00 pm: End of event